Treasure my kiss


I had a dream about Mom this morning, on August 23, 2019. I had just seen my mom yesterday before I went to work. My youngest brother, Craig, said that the Hospice nurses had just been with Mom a lot of the morning. Mom was looking really good. I bent over her bed, on the right side, and gave her a hug and a kiss. I could feel her right hand tapping me in reciprocating my hug. I wrote on the whiteboard and told her about Todd getting cancer treatment in Mexico because the United States doesn't offer the same kind of cancer care and treatment. I showed her some pictures on my phone of Todd and Kloey on San Diego beach, the day before they went into Mexico. Behind them were seals lying on the shore, something you don't see over here on the east coast of the United States in Vero Beach, Florida. Of course, we don't see many whales either and there just so happened to be a Rare Whale and her calf in Sebastian Inlet a few winters ago. I captured the mother on my digital camera. So, there is always the first time for everything and one mustn't take for granted that they may NEVER see something just because it isn't native to your side of town. Mom enjoyed looking at the pictures of Todd and Kloey. I told her that Brian, my mom's grandson whom she treats like her son because my sister lived with my mom and dad and Brian grew up with them, said he loves her very much. Mom mumbled back probably saying she loves him too, or asking if he was coming down from Ohio. I told her that I would tell Brian that she loves him too. She said, clearly, "Okay" and nodded yes.

After a few minutes of visiting, I drew a heart, and I wrote on the whiteboard that I loved her and that I had to go to work that I would stop by to see her tomorrow; I looked into Mom's eyes. She smiled, and then she giggled. I gave her a kiss on her cheek. She reached for her napkin that was setting on her thigh on top of her blankets. She held the napkin in her right hand and with her left hand she reached up to the cheek I kissed. She patted it and said something while wearing a contented smile. I'd like to think she said that she was never going to wash my kiss off her cheek or that my kiss went straight to her heart where she will treasure it forever. I know she said something like that and that just made my whole life brighten with a love that will never die.

After work, I went home and got a good night sleep. I had a dream about Mom. I went over to visit and she wasn't in her bed. The walls had been decorated with beautiful wall paper. I looked around the corner and there was Mom standing up, dressed real nice, and looking 40 years younger. I reached for her waist and gave her a hug and asked her what happened. She said something, but as dreams sometimes go, I didn't understand, however I remember her speaking clearly. It was as if she had never had the stroke. She was cured! I couldn't believe it! She smiled and started talking again. She told me that all the female nurses treated her great and took real good care of her. I asked her about the wall paper. She said she hung it the best she could. I told her it looked really good and that she did a really great job. I told her that I took the vase of silk flowers from in her room when she wasn't doing very well. She said that was good of me to do. Then Mom told me that there was a male nurse that took good care of her, but he also took advantage of Mom when she was lying sick with Aphasia and dying from a failing body. He stuck his face down in her bra and lifted up her breast from under her bra so he could rub his face on her chest. I became angry. Mom said she did too; however, this is when she got better. She had to tell someone and the only way that would happen is if she was able to talk. She said that the Aphasia went away and now she is doing great. I was ecstatic! I have my Mom back, but only better. She wasn't angry anymore like she had been for most of her life. We hugged each other and my mom was affectionate towards me with her arms wrapped around me and giving me a kiss on my head as I hugged into her bosom. Then the nurses came over, the two good nurses and the man nurse that had wrong intentions, yet those intentions helped to heal my mom. They had a lot of money that my mom had paid them for their care. Mom said something to the good nurses, and then she looked at the man and confronted him with what he had done. He hung his head and handed Mom the fat wad of money mom had given him prior to his ill intentions. After that, I woke up.
In my dream, I realize many things that are going on inside me. One thing that I realized is that if someone hurt us and we open up, speak out, reach out for help, this is the moment when we begin to heal. The other things I understand about my dream I will keep to myself for now. Let me say this, I feel that being loved, comfortable, content, are a few of the contributing factors in a person's happiness. Because I know my mother, I can honestly say that at this moment in my mom's life, she feels loved. She is comfortable, content, and happy. This makes me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critique WOW!